CITY OF LAMESA NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Saturday, February 04, 2017 10:18 AM
CITY OF LAMESA
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The City of Lamesa is soliciting sealed bid proposals for sale of a minimum of 60,000 cubic yards of soil (caliche) meeting the specified requirements up to a maximum of 85,000 cubic yards, including excavation and grading to City Engineer’s specifications (see attached specifications). Bid opening will be at Lamesa City Hall at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Minimum bid threshold is set at $1.50 per cubic yard up to 85,000 cubic yards. Any soil over 85,000 cubic yards may be purchased at $2.00 per cubic yard.
Successful bidder is required to provide the following prior to initiation of the project. These items include, but are not limited to:
• Copy of Bidder’s liability insurance policy with a minimum limit of $1,000,000, to include City of Lamesa as an additional insured.
• Proof of Bidder’s Workers Compensation insurance coverage.
• Fencing of work site and construction entrance as approved by Public Works Director and City Engineer.
• Topsoil will be stripped and stored onsite and the cost for this is incidental to the price for soil that is purchased.
• Use of Bidder's equipment and manpower for all of the proposed project.
• The City of Lamesa provides no guarantees on the quality or grade of caliche.
Sealed proposals addressed to the Mayor and City Council of the City of Lamesa, Texas will be received at the office of Shawna Burkhart, City Manager, 601 South 1st Street, Lamesa, Texas 79331 until 4:00 p.m., Monday, February 13, 2017.
The owner reserves the right to reject any and all Bids and to waive formalities. In case of ambiguity or lack of clearness in stating the prices in the Bid, the Owner reserves the right to consider the most advantageous construction thereof, or to reject the Bid.
The Bids will be opened at 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, February 21, 2017 and read in open meeting. The City Council reserves the right to accept the bid most advantageous to the City.
Norma Garcia Josh Stevens
City Secretary Mayor